So how can we feel better about our surroundings without breaking the bank?
Make Your Bed
1. This is a simple step and one we often skip due to lack of time. But I know that I feel better when I walk into my bedroom and the bed is made.
Use Furniture For A Kitchen Island
Bring In House Plants
If you have a friend who also has house plants, maybe you can swap cuttings.
Make New Pillows Or Swap Them Out
4. Make or buy new throw pillows. An extra punch of color or just something you normally wouldn't be drawn to can energize your space.
Rearrange Book Shelves Differently
Get Creative With Candle Holders
6. Think outside the box when it comes to candles. There are all sorts of ways to arrange them, as in the photo above, that will make a beautiful display from objects you wouldn't normally think of using.
Change & Layer Tabletop Displays
7. Layer mirrors or paintings on a piece of furniture in a new way.
Bring in fresh flowers or a plant and place in front of a mirror.
Change Tabletop Decor
8. Rearrange objects on your coffee table. Shop your home and find new things that you haven't used there before. It will give this space new life.
Get Creative With Washi Tape
9. Get creative with washi tape. There is no end to all the wonderful designs you can make with odds and ends of washi tape. Gives things a whole new look!
Create A Terrarium