I waited until Israel had time to help me apply it. We started Saturday evening.
However, I am a morning person. And I should have heeded my own warning about not starting projects in the evening, because we ended up screwing up.
All was not lost, but it seemed so Sunday when we realized our error in judgment. We had forgotten to look on the back for the numbers so we'd be putting up the rolls in sequence.
Around noon that day we stood staring at the wall, wondering what to do. The rolls looked fine surrounding and below the couch. But we could not salvage what was left.
That meant the wallpaper ended a few feet short of the corner of the living room, and a few feet short of the designated spot where the dining room begins.
So I put my thinking cap on. I told Israel. "Let's head to Lowes. I think I know how to fix this."
What we ended up doing was buying a sheet of bead board, which Israel cut in half. And I got some dark trim to finish things off.
Yesterday evening Israel finished the trim work after he got off work. So today I took photos to show you.
I'm actually glad we messed up. Because I like what we ended up doing better than the original concept.
I like the dark trim we ended up using, and the bead board we had to add to the ends to fix our mistake.
I've always liked bead board, but never had occasion to use it.
So never give up when you've "flubbed up a project." Yes, sometimes it is not salvageable. But before you throw in the towel, try looking at it from all directions.
Sometimes you come up with an answer that is just waiting there for you to find it.
Notice I've changed the curtains. I changed them in the living room, the patio doors, and the bedroom. I loved the buffalo check, but I couldn't easily pull the curtains closed to keep out the heat.
I like the more subtle color of the green and cream. It's a nice change.
Of course the pupsters managed to get in the photos, which often happens around here.
Thanks again to Limitless Walls!